Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Life Stamp Moment...

Yesterday I met a really nice young lady that left a great impression on me. I went to the Sprint store so that I could get a new line and a air time card for my laptop...in the midst of getting this I unintentionally spilled out my personal issues on this young lady. But she was so kind to listen and even offered a listening ear if ever I needed to talk. In the interim we found out that we had a few things in common...both married, been married the same amount of years, both the same age...

Upon the advice of a wise older friend, she suggested that I give the young lady a thank you card. And I did. I appreciated her genuine concern. Also I didn't realize just how much I needed to talk to a "girl-friend"....I bring all of this up because just when you think that this world is full of selfish, unruly, simple-minded people, God allow you to meet someone to show you that there's still hope.

What I experience yesterday reminds me of a movie....a tale of two friends who meet in a very unassuming way and end up being friends for years...

Friendships are a lot like a dating relationship or marriage...when you first meet a person you have no idea what lies ahead, but if they last, you look up and say, "Wow!!! I remember how we met!" But also they take a lot of work if you're going to hold on to them forever. Which also convicts me because I have a friendship that need to be patched up even as we speak...but when you can't find the words...days go by and you say nothing...

Do I have a real point in today's blog???? Not really, but I just wanted to share it, because like I said, it really made an impression on me. I wasn't looking for it - I simply was going in there to handle business, but came out with an life stamp.

What is a life stamp you ask? It's an event or situation that will be in your long term memory that you won't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment